A few months ago I came up with a wonderful, easy pizza recipe for ‘from-scratch’ pizza.
But I have since revised it – making it even easier and quicker.
Here’s the recipe:
The following works well for 2 10″ pizzas or 1 16″(?) inch
• 1 packet rapid rise yeast (2 1/2 teaspoons)
• 1 cup warm water
• 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• Italian Sausage
• 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
• Basil – a few leaves or a tsp of dry
• Olive Oil
• Fresh Tomato(s) sliced (you can also substitute tomato sauce, pepperoni, etc.
1. In a large bowl, combine water and yeast and stir until the yeast is dissolved.
2. Add in flour, salt; mix with large fork to combine. Once the ingredients are well combined, use your hands to knead the dough for a few minutes.
3. Form the dough into a ball, and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
4. Pre-heat oven to 450º and spray a 10″ or 16″ inch pizza pan with olive oil; sprinkle with corn meal
5. While the dough rests, brown sausage and mushrooms in olive oil; set aside.
6. On a cutting board, roll the dough out into a 10″ or 16″ inch circle.
7. Coat crust generously with olive oil; transfer to your baking sheet.
8. Add toppings: Cheese, tomato, cut up basil leaves, sausage and mushrooms (or choice of toppings); sprinkle with salt; spray with a little more olive oil.
9. Place the pizza on a top rack in the oven; bake at 450º for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
10. Cut into slices and enjoy!
Tips: I prepare this recipe and save half for the next night, following steps 7 thru 10.